Sooo, hello there! Yup……it’s been almost 6 months since I last posted. I have absolutely no excuse really other than pure laziness. During that time I did participate in several fun events and could have updated you on that BUT I didn’t Over the next several posts I’ll break down the past 6 months with any exciting information that I can pull out of this little head of mine.
While I’m here, I do want to wish you a Happy 2013!! I hope this year will bring you whatever it is your heart desires! Remember, the only thing that stands in your way is you So go forward with desire and belief and make your dreams come true!
Who else is super excited the Olympics are starting?! I can not wait! In the past, my favorite by far was gymnastics both men and women. This year, my eyes have been opened to many more sports I can’t wait to watch. This will be the first year that I watch and pay attention to triathlon. How awesome will it be to see so many greats compete for the title of the best and win for their country. Ecstatic!!
What’s your favorite sport to watch? Do you have a favorite athlete?
P.S. How great does Meredith Vieira look?! She needs to return to the Today show!
P.S.S. I love how I just googled Meredith to see if a picture had been posted from tonight’s opening ceremonies yet and the first image that popped up was David Beckham! How’d they know I love looking at his mug!
Yes, I realize I’ve been MIA for I really don’t know how long! Without training, I didn’t have much to say (well, relevant stuff that is!). So here I am returning and find my thoughts all over the place therefore this post may be all over the place as well. Actually, to keep it organized, I think I’ll just list/bullet my thoughts! Here goes……..
- I did the most unexpected thing this AM – I worked out before work!! If you know me at all, you’ll know I am NOT a morning person and have enough trouble just getting up for work. To prep for it, I actually got myself in bed around 930pm and was asleep around 1030-1040pm! This is way early for me! This morning I got on the TM and was setting up my phone and forgot with the recent hard reset, I hadn’t reloaded some of my fitness apps. Anyway, a short TM session was done AND prior to work! Go me!
- This one saddens me, another cyclist was killed in Boulder yesterday. When out cycling, PLEASE make sure you follow the rules of the road and be aware of vehicles around you. Too many people are preoccupied with their phones or whatever else and aren’t noticing their environment. Be careful.
- A couple weeks ago, I bagged the Tri Aggieland sprint because I hadn’t done a thing. Now I find out I can participate in Bridgeland sprint in 1.5 weeks. Since today was my first work out in lord only knows how long, I’m thinking I should pass up my spot for someone really wanting to participate. It’s for the best, huh.
- During my time of lacking motivation, I noticed several blogs mention something of the sorts as well. That’s why I love the blog world, chances are someone else is going through the exact same thing as you. Also, during this time I read an article Macca wrote about how the pros sometimes need to find motivation as well as us age groupers. That’s nice to hear
- Recently heard someone speak about an alkaline diet and the body’s pH. Have you heard much about this? Do you practice this?
- Super excited about a tri I’m volunteering for this weekend – it’s a kids tri! How exciting and cool is that! Can’t wait to see those little kids swim, bike, and run around!
- I love following what the pros do! Do you follow the pros? Who’s your fav? I have so many but I do have to say that I’m excited for two of my favs – Mirinda Carfrae & Tim O’Donnell recently engaged! Told ya, I’m a stalker
Whew, that wasn’t as crazy as I anticipated. Many thoughts have somehow left this tiny head of mine!
Now that y’all think I’m the most ridiculous person on the net – I’m hoping to provide you with more entertainment with more posts! As you’ll see, I’m not someone you’ll learn much from but I’ll keep you smiling and possibly shaking your head saying “I’ve done that” or “silly girl”
“And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.” ~ Lee Greenwood
“This land is your land, this land is my land
From California, to the New York Island
From the redwood forest, to the gulf stream waters
This land was made for you and me” ~ Woody Guthrie
“I thank god for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we don’t have to sacrifice
All the things we love” ~ Zac Brown Band
“Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro’ the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watch’d, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro’ the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?” ~Francis Scott Key
I hope everyone has a fun filled 4th of July! Thank those who fight for our freedom daily and remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
“God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.” ~Irving Berlin
So, its been a while. Lack of motivation then a wonderful getaway which wasn’t as relaxing as I hoped but I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
Now we’re down to the wire. Next sprint is in 1.5 weeks and I haven’t done a lick of training. What’s that saying…….something about history repeating itself?! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read my first tri recap here.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m not too competitive. I do triathlons because the day of the event is fun. Training fits in occasionally. I really plan on changing that, mainly because I feel motivation returning. However, that doesn’t help with this next event.
I’m on the fence whether to do it or not. As long as I finish, that’s all I want…….and to have fun. It’s a 400m pool swim, 12 mile flat bike, and 5k. The only thing drawing me in, is it takes place on the Texas A&M campus, which includes time in Kyle Field. No, I’m not a fan of TAMU, but I’m a HUGE college football fan so this is awesome! So, what to do, what to do?!
Here’s some recent motivation:
Are you motivated by new equipment or reading about the pros or just learning something new?